Wail of a Thousand Voices
The Lebedas of Lake Reykal are known as the most “Rostlandic” of Brevoy’s noble houses, having inherited a good deal of Taldan blood and tradition, including a fondness for sword fighting and an appreciation of the finer things. Their family seat of Silverhall is one of the grandest castles in Brevoy, its spires rising above the shores of Lake Reykal. The Lebedas earn and maintain their fortune as merchants and brokers between the northern and southern reaches of Brevoy, and control much of the shipping across the lake.
Relations With the Other Houses
Scale: Hostile – Poor – Moderate – Good – Excellent
Aldori Swordlords Moderate: Trade partners. But they are competitors to some degree and should be viewed with some suspicion.
Ardden Moderate: We often cut the Arddens a good deal, for political reasons. They are a good transit path through the middle of the country to our border with Iobaria. Despite their odd adherence to the “old green ways,” we get along— although there are a few lumberjacks trading rare Ardden lumber who we have to shut down every now and then even though they are in-part sponsored by our house. (Nanjangi the Gnome being probably the worst.)
Garess Poor: Known to have poor relations with Duke Howlin who does not trust their integrity (partially due to the broken engagement of his son and Elanna before his son could officially be declared missing).
Slane Moderate: The traders in the north hold themselves aloof from our advances. Much could be gained in trade, yet they hold back.
Surtova Good: Good relations with the King. Our arranged marriage might work out.
Rogarvia Good: We had great trade relations with their old house, but with Urzen gone we do not recognize any lesser noble houses.
Vessia Fair:. They sneer at us, we snub them.
- Duchess Sarrona Lebeda (51) has ruled the house as regent since the death of her husband
- Elanna Lebeda (25) is the eldest daughter of Sarrona. She spends a great deal of time representing their house in New Stetven. Rumors claim the Lebedas are looking to arrange a marriage between her and Noleski Surtova. Naturally, Natala Surtova hates the young and charming Elanna Lebeda with a passion.
- Lander Lebeda (22) Son of Sarrona. He is approaching his majority, when he will become duke of the house.
- Gvenneh Maria Lebeda (19) Quite spoiled and bratty. Daddy’s favorite girl. Upset at his death two years ago and has been acting out for attention ever since.
- Leshy Lebeda (17) Slightly demented second male son of Sarrona. Kept hidden by the family. Only Elanna and Melisana pay him much mind.
- Melisana Lebeda (15) Third daughter.
- Oskar Lebeda (13)
- Brenton “Brent” Lebeda (11)
- Farshalle Lebeda (11) Fourth daughter.
- Gavin Lebeda (46) Younger Brother of the former Baron Lebeda. (Has 5 children, 8 grandchildren)
- Micah Lebeda 43) Youngest Brother of the former Baron Lebeda. (Has 3 children, 2 grandchildren)
- Jowynne Lebeda (41) The former Baron’s youngest sibling and only sister. (Has 4 children, 1 grandchild)
- Hester Lebeda (38) Something was never quite right about Hester, everyone says. For some reason she found herself attracted to alchemy and the dark arts. She never goes to the parties and the balls and she lives somewhat as a hermit in the mountains. But she’s always the first the family goes to when they need instruction on poisons and healing from diseases. Hester is the former Baron’s cousin and youngest daughter of Riven Lebeda (d.), the former baron’s uncle.
- Ches Lebeda (deceased) former Baron’s cousin
- Daven (31) 4 children
- Kos (28) 2 children
- Lynne Lebeda (25) 1 child
- Marjorie Lebeda (56) Oldest daughter of Riven Lebeda, the former Baron’s uncle. Has 6 children and 3 grandchildren.